Teeth straightening using orthodontic braces is a method used to align and straighten teeth and help to improve the position of a person’s bite, while also working to improve dental health.
There are many situations when a person needs orthodontic braces, for example: crooked teeth, crowding of teeth or too wide spacing between teeth. The most common irregularities are overbite (where upper front teeth lie to far forward over lower teeth) and under-bite (where lower teeth are too far forward or upper teeth are too far back).
Braces work by applying continuous pressure over a period of time to slowly move teeth in a specific direction. As the teeth move, the bone changes shape as pressure is applied. There are many types of braces, from metal-wire braces, which are most stable, to ceramic ones, which are esthetically most pleasing, since they look almost as regular teeth.In order to correct most of orthodontic problems, a person needs to wear braces for a year. After that, control check-ups are needed in order to prevent teeth going back to their irregular array. An orthodontist may also provide the patient with a temporary retainer which can help in the process of preserving the new, well-aligned smile.
- Amazing Smile Center $2,405 USD
- Tijuana Clinic For Cosmetic Dentistry $2,164 USD
- The American Bio-dental Center $3,453 USD
- Baja Dental Smile $2,500 USD
- Dental K $1,360 USD
- Unidad Dental del Norte $2,000 USD
- VGM Dental Center $1,884 USD
- Artell Dental Center $ 400 USD
- Dent Art Center $ 400 USD
- Bokanova Dental Center $ 3,500 USD