Ceramic braces are a treatment option that helps to create a more pleasing, less conspicuous appearance for orthodontic patients.
This is why ceramic braces are very popular, especially among adult patients, since people find it a bit too awkward to start wearing braces when they're not children anymore. However, ceramic braces are more expensive than metal ones. Typically, ceramic braces are made of composite materials. They are very strong and generally do not get stained. They still have a metal wire that runs across the patient’s teeth that’s held in place using elastic bands. The ligatures (tiny rubber bands) that hold the arch wire on to the ceramic brackets are often white or clear, but they can stain. This is usually not an esthetic problem, since ligatures are changed each time a patient visits an orthodontist. This difference in the color of the brackets really does help to make it less obvious to others that a person is wearing braces, especially at a distance. And that’s why ceramic braces are a very popular treatment option.
However, if the misaligned bite is very problematic, classical metal braces might be a better option because it will take them less time to correct the position of teeth.
- Amazing Smile Center $2,405 USD
- Tijuana Clinic For Cosmetic Dentistry $2,164 USD
- The American Bio-dental Center $3,453 USD
- Baja Dental Smile $2,500 USD
- Dental K $1,360 USD
- Unidad Dental del Norte $2,000 USD
- VGM Dental Center $1,884 USD
- Artell Dental Center $ 400 USD
- Dent Art Center $ 400 USD
- Bokanova Dental Center $ 3,500 USD